Global Financial Firm located in Irving, TX has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Java Developer
"This role is currently on a Hybrid Schedule.
You will need to have reliable internet, computer and android or iphone for remote access into the client systems during remote work.
We will be expected in the office weekly 1-3 days depending on the team requirement.
****Video/ f2f interviews are required prior to all offers.
Senior, hands-on technical lead focused on building out the firm's strategic reference data platforms used by the Institutional Clients Group of Banking. The successful applicant will take ownership of key projects and components and will be responsible for all phases of the SDLC including analysis and design, development, testing and deployment. As a technical lead, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance to junior developers, including overseeing their deliverables, providing architectural guidance, enforcing Client best practices, and conducting code reviews. A potential candidate will need to understand system and enterprise architecture concepts and will be expected to understand how all components fit together and affect one another. They will work with a global and diverse team of peers as well as liaise closely with Business Analyst, Production Support, and Infrastructure teams.
• Develop and Deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations
• Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an agile Scrum environment.
• Interact with senior management to define and drive architectural direction
• Enhance/Re-architect existing components to satisfy new performance and scalability requirements
• Provide level 3 support for the application
• Ensure all components in the platform are fully compliant with Client technology standards
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• A minimum of 4 years of application development experience
• Solid understanding of application infrastructures, including hardware, storage, network, databases, disaster recovery
• Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures and how to best apply them to build optimal software solutions
• Logical thinking, Strong analytical and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
• Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and deliver effective presentation
• Proven experience building scalable, mission critical systems
• Preference of experience working in financial industry
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Experience with the following technologies:
Java full stack technologies
RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions
UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
Tomcat or Weblogic application server
• Java concurrency
• Rabbit MQ or other message oriented middleware
• Autosys or other scheduling systesm
• Oracle and other RDBMS with strong SQL
• Experience in Cloud concepts and technologies: container build and orchestration, infrastructure-as-code, horizontal scaling
• Experience using - JIRA, uDeploy, SonarQube, TeamCity, Artifactory, BitBucket, Groovy, Maven/Gradle.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering Computer science or information technology
Posted Date : 2022-05-07
Job type : Full Time