Position Summary: The primary focus of the EMT is to provide basic emergency medical care for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system and for those patients who require non-emergency or interfacility medical transport. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. EMTs function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. EMTs perform interventions with the basic equipment typically found on an ambulance. The EMT is a link into the health care system and resource for routine and interfacility transports.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- West Virginia Office of EMS EMT Certification OR Obtain within three months of hire.
-Obtains National Registry of EMTs Emergency Medical Technician Certification upon hire. If EMT currently has NREMT, they must maintain NREMT status.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Obtain Emergency Vehicle Operations Course within six months of hire.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Obtain National Incident Management System within month of hire.
- Obtain International Trauma Life Support OR the hospital Trauma Life Support certification within 3 months of hire.
- Obtain International Trauma Life Support OR Prehospital Trauma Life Support certification by January 1, 2021.
- Obtain Pediatric Education for Prehospital Providers within 3 months of hire.
- Obtain Pediatric Education for Prehospital Providers by January 1, 2021.
Starting wages at $17.47 hour
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35
Posted Date : 2022-05-07
Job type : Full Time