Starting Rate of Pay: $17.86 per hour
Work Hours: 6:00am - 12:00pm
Transport freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
2. Verify documentation matches freight description , using current electronic or manual system
3. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
4. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
5. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
6. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
7. Perform hostling duties if required
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age
Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
If hostler/yard mule duties required, experience preferred
Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
Basic written and verbal communication skills
Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
Hours may vary due to operational need
Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Posted Date : 2022-04-21
Expiry Date : 2022-07-21
Job type : Part Time