Joe V's Smart Shop, the small Store that offers BIG savings, creates possibilities for our Customers and Partners to live a more enriched life by providing the lowest prices and highest wages. Come partner with us and combine your great customer service skills with our promise of 'lowest price, highest quality product.'
As an Overnight Stocker, you'll ensure all Center Store merchandising areas are well maintained and stocked by each morning. You'll perform all responsibilities and job duties with a sense of ownership and a team approach.
We are looking for:
- ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment; ability to work overnight schedule
- initiative and knowledge to complete all tasks; dependability; attention to detail
What is the work?
- Loads, unloads, and moves heavy, bulky products to support in-stock conditions
- Stocks and rotates items on Store shelves, grocery, frozen, Wall of Value, drugstore, general merchandise, and all merchandising fixtures as needed throughout the Store
- Builds, stocks, signs, maintains, and takes down Store displays as directed
- Checks shipments for out-of-date and damaged product to ensure freshness and quality
- Reports all out of date and damaged product received issues to the Center Store Manager
- Reports missing signs and tags
- Organizes, cleans, and prepares prep areas, wareroom, and sales floor for incoming trucks
- Eliminates cardboard and trash on shelves and merchandising fixtures
- Cleans shelves and all merchandising fixtures; keeps sales floor area clean and safe
- Adheres to all SOPs for safety and sanitation
- Minimizes shrink through careful handling of product
- Complies with all federal, state and Company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, and sanitation
- Provides excellent customer service by ensuring store is stocked, clean, and ready for business
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18
- Experience stocking; experience in retail
- Completion of required job skills and compliance-related training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an Overnight Stocker?
- Knowledge of product rotation, department / Store sanitation, shrink awareness
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to use material handling equipment and maintain license
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Initiative; dependability; attention to detail
- Function in a fast paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, reach at knee, stoop, shoulder circumduction
- Occasionally reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at floor, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, and use fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, wet conditions, and ambient temperature.
- Safely maneuver around moving mechanical parts
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 85 lbs**
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Posted Date : 2022-04-21
Expiry Date : 2022-07-21
Job type : Part Time