Provide evidence-based medical nutrition therapy to patients as part of the Clinical Nutrition team.
• Writes orders per policy.
• Counsels patients and/or significant others on nutritional principles, dietary plans, and food selections, considering cultural, religious,
and ethnic requests/preferences.
• Develops, implements, and documents the nutritional care plans based on assessment of patient nutritional needs considering
nutrition status and disease state requirements.
• Demonstrates the necessary competency level to assess patient's nutritional requirements and specific needs over the lifespan.
• Demonstrates evidenced-based knowledge of medical nutrition therapy for appropriate nutrition-related care of patients.
• Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data through the medical record documentation system. Participates
in physician and health care team interdisciplinary rounds, as applicable.
• The Registered Dietitian is expected to adhere to Orlando Health policies, procedures, guidelines, mission and vision statements, and
commitment to excellence.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Represents Orlando Health through outside speaking engagements to the community and/or media events as assigned.
• Represents Clinical Nutrition Department as a participant on task force or committee as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a U.S. regionally accredited university or college and coursework accredited or approved by the Commission
on Accreditation of Dietetics Education of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics .
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics registration and State of Florida licensure required.
Posted Date : 2022-04-21
Expiry Date : 2022-07-21
Job type : Part Time