This position will work 20 hrs per week. Will work on Monday and Wednesday and every other weekendJob Description and Essential FunctionsJob Title/Position:
Patient Services Representative Job Classification:
Administrative/Professional SupportDate of Analysis: 5/29/13 Date of Revision/Review: 06/2020, 06/2021THE MISSION STATEMENT To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect. OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Health organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient's needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co-workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors in an engaging and positive manner. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical staff. Makes a positive first impression on any person utilizing Prevea Health services, whether on the phone or in person.Major Responsibilities:
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, providers and administrative staff-via phone, in person, or through MyPrevea.
- Direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate parties.
- Assist patient or caller in directing medical concerns; receive and route messages to appropriate staff.
- Obtain and confirm accurate demographic and insurance/coverage information.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Assist patient or caller with financial questions regarding policies, insurances, payments or other financial needs.
- Attend meetings as required and follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Handle cash in accordance with Prevea policies and procedures.
- Appropriately collect required payments, including co-payments, outstanding balances, and payments due prior to services being rendered in accordance with Prevea policies and procedures.
- Provide error-free and accurate daily batch and/or deposits to appropriate staff for processing.
- Complete all work tasks in accordance with privacy, compliance and HIPAA laws.
- Perform patient screening duties as determined is necessary for a specific department and/or site.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing protocols and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with employees throughout the organization in a proactive and positive manner, as well as possess the ability to motivate in order to accomplish the goals of the department and the clinic.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for staff in the assigned departments and throughout the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the decision-making process.
- Engages in active listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Must be empathetic and responsive to patient's needs, continually looking for ways to assist patients.
- Knowledgeable of the computer systems with an emphasis on learning and training on the Epic system
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to accurately type patient information and take appropriate messages.
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Must be willing to work at all locations, various shifts and extended hours as needed.
- Experience in customer service, insurance and/or healthcare setting preferred
- Proficient interpersonal, telephone and computer skills
: Other duties as assignedTypical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves continual contact with staff and the public. Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Long sedentary hours
- Computer time stressful on eyes
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching is required. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range. Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to continuous change is required. Use of telephone and computers are required. Manual dexterity required for use of phone, calculator, and computer keyboard.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-VerifyEssential Functions/Physical DemandsJob Title/Position: PSRJob Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
Posted Date : 2022-04-21
Expiry Date : 2022-07-21
Job type : Part Time